Ayurvedic Postpartum Care in Kerala: Best Ayurvedic Treatment in Kumarakom, Kerala
The transition into motherhood is marked by a unique set of challenges and joys, and it often reshapes a woman’s identity and priorities in a profound way. It’s a significant life-altering experience that brings both excitement and new responsibilities, especially if it’s her first child. Thus, every new mother deserves the best care that helps her to heal and transition into her new world. Here, the role of Ayurveda comes in.
In Kerala, Ayurvedic treatments are quite popular and is an effective way of providing proper care for new mothers after delivery. Ayurveda recognises the importance of a well-nourished diet and care plan for a new mother, which helps her in faster recovery and better healing both mentally and physically.
Postpartum Care for Mothers, in Kerala, At Dheemahi Ayurveda hence we understand the unique needs of new mothers and have developed an exclusive program to support them during this important time. Entering motherhood is a shift like no other. It is like becoming a full-time caretaker and nurturer.
In Ayurveda, a woman is referred to as Soothika for at least 45 days after delivery or until the onset of her next menstrual cycle. It clearly specifies the diet and care for the new mother to ensure a smooth recovery and good mental health. We have an exclusive program for women after the delivery period.
Introduction to Ayurvedic Postpartum Care
Postpartum Care or Antenatal Care is very much needed and important for every woman after delivery. A woman goes through various mental and physical stages after delivery due to the sudden hormonal shifts during this period.
Thus, they should be treated with great vigilance and care during pregnancy and especially after delivery since a newborn baby attains energy through the mother, so it can be difficult to balance the hormones after the delivery. The lost strength can be regained with Ayurvedic care and holistic practices.
Kerala’s Natural Advantages for Postpartum Recovery
Postpartum Recovery is a stage with many challenges and issues in every woman’s life, and thus, much care that supports her Physically and mentally is ensured in every aspect.
Whenever you hear or search about Ayurveda, the first thing that comes to you will be Kerala. Because of the Ayurvedic tradition and the natural beauty of this state, Kerala is known for its rich Ayurvedic heritage. And hence, Kerala offers several natural advantages of postpartum recovery. Not only because the Authentic practice of Ayurvedic culture and Ayurvedic treatments in Kerala helps you but also because of the lush green environment in Kerala contributes to recovery from the psychological challenges faced during the postpartum period by providing a calm effect, promoting relaxation and reducing stress, which is very important for Postpartum healing. Along with that, Traditional Postpartum Practices, including special diets, herbal decoctions and massages, are all aimed at aiding the recovery and rejuvenation of the mother and her baby.
Along with these, Kerala’s access to a wide range of fresh herbs and spices allows for preparing nourishing meals that aid in Postpartum Care. the best ayurvedic treatment in Kumarakom, Kerala can bring you great level of satisfaction and recovery.
Ayurvedic Practices for New Mothers’ Well-being
By considering the needs and importance of women’s health and mothers’ well-being, Ayurveda has specifically mentioned some practices and rituals to be followed during the Postpartum Period (Sutika Kala), known as Sutika Paricharya (Postnatal Care). This includes some Lifestyle changes, some dietary changes that are to be strictly followed during this period and some Treatment procedures and medications to intake according to the health concerns and needs of the mother and newborn baby.
Postpartum Care starts with diet and daily regimens along with some internal and external treatments according to the concerns of the mother during the postnatal period.
LIFESTYLE CHANGES FOR POSTPARTUM CARE
- Rest: Adequate rest is crucial during the postpartum period. Mothers should aim to get plenty of sleep and avoid physical exertion.
- Balanced Diet: Always try to involve the nourishing food in nature. At the same time, it should be a balanced diet that should be light to digest and, at the same time, enhance the digestive fire. Nutrient-rich foods, including ghee, warm soups, and easily digestible meals, are often recommended.
- Abhyanga (Oil Massage): Gentle oil massages with medicated oils as per the prescription of an Ayurvedic Physician, which will be suitable for you during the postpartum period, can help with relaxation, muscle recovery, and skin nourishment.
However, oil application over non-healed stitches after C-section and normal delivery is not recommended because it may lead to non-healing and may cause infection.
- Warm Baths with medicated water: Soothing warm baths can be beneficial. Some herbs, which are Vatahara in nature, are to be added to the bathwater as per the Physician’s advice for extra relaxation and healing and also help to pacify the alleviated Vata Dosha during this period.
- Avoiding Cold and Heavy Foods: In Ayurveda, it’s generally advised to avoid cold and raw heavy foods during the postpartum period, as they are believed to disrupt digestion and cause (Ama) indigestion.
- Emotional Well-being: Emotions play a significant role in postpartum health. Practices like meditation, gentle yoga, and positive affirmations can be beneficial.
- Breastfeeding: Promoting and supporting breastfeeding and taking food which enhances the lactation period is a crucial aspect of postpartum care in Ayurveda.
- Avoiding Stress: Reducing stress and creating a peaceful environment for the mother and baby is essential.
Even though proper rest is crucial and advised during the postpartum period, for regaining the normalcy and strength of the body and to avoid further complications in future like LBA, depression the diet and regimens already mentioned to be followed for at least 45 days during the postnatal period along with that undergoing treatments that advised in Ayurveda according the condition of Mother is also necessary.
Some treatments like Dhara, Abhyangam ( body massage with medicated oil as per the condition of the mother), Veth kuli (medicated bath), Udara Veshtanam ( Abdominal bandage), Njavara (rice paste application) and others treatments are preferred, which have been advised based on analysis of the condition by an Ayurvedic Physician after consultation.
Along with these, taking internal medication is also advised; medications like pal kashaya (milk decoctions), Lehyas( lickables), Arishtas and Asavas are also preferred but only to be taken after proper consultation and as per advice of an Ayurvedic Physician. If it’s properly followed and practised under medical supervision, Ayurvedic Postpartum care not only recovers fast and heals better from Postpartum challenges but also enhances the nutrition and health of the newborn with mother.
The Importance of Postpartum Care in Ayurveda
Postnatal care is a vital routine after the delivery for a mother because various changes happen in the body, both physically and mentally. Like, The uterus starts to shrink back to normal size after the expansion due to delivery. Additionally, the tendons, muscles, and ligaments connected to the uterus regain their lost strength. Sutikakala (Post-partum or Postnatal period) is a period of time when a mother will be so weak after delivery of the child, and soon after delivery she needs to feed her baby, it again affects her health needs. Thus, our ancient acharyas specially mentioned Soothika Paricharya (Postpartum Care) in Ayurveda by focussing on the needs of both mother and child.
In Ayurveda, the process of childbirth is mainly caused by the activity of Vata Dosha and hence, after delivery of the child, it can lead to an increase in Vata dosha due to its characteristics such as movement, change, and dryness in a mother. This postnatal increase in Vata dosha can affect various aspects of the mother’s well-being, including digestion, strength, and immunity. So Soothika Paricharya, described in Ayurveda, helps in Balancing the Vata Dosha and also helps to heal her body and support the physical changes and faster recovery at the same time by proper care and nutrition it also enhances the health and nutrition of the newborn baby.
The main Aims of Soothika Paricharya (Postnatal Care) in Ayurveda are;
- To re-establish the digestive fire and metabolic state of the body- improving the digestive fire is the only way to ensure proper digestion and, hence, the absorption of nutrients, which is crucial for postpartum recovery.
- Avoiding exertion: Postpartum care in Ayurveda emphasises rest and avoiding strenuous activities to support the mother’s recovery.
- Normalising Vata Dosha: Vata Dosha will be in the aggravated stage after the delivery of the child. Thus, Ayurveda Postpartum care helps in and is more focussed on restoring the balance of Tridoshas, especially Vata Dosha. By intaking internal medications like kashayam choornam and lehyas etc., according to present condition helps to pacify the Vata dosha and external treatments like abhyanga, njavara also help out in this condition.
- Helps in normalizing physiological functions and helps strengthen lax muscles and ligaments, especially around the abdomen, which will be weakened after delivery of the child.
- Also helps in Preventing common complaints during Suthika Kala (postpartum Period), such as low back pain after delivery of the child, UTI and disturbed sleep and helps to get a balanced Psychological state, i.e., prevents excess anxiety, anger, depression etc., which is very common to face during Postpartum days.
- It also ensures good quality and quantity of breast milk, and thus, it enhances the feeding and the baby’s health.
Dheemahi: Your Ultimate Choice for Postpartum Care
Pregnancy and Pregnancy Care are very important for ensuring the health of a baby and mother. Unfortunately, some of us are totally unaware of Postpartum/ Postnatal Care, which is having equal importance as prenatal care or even more. But some of us totally avoid or behave unseen about the mother’s health after the delivery of the child and run behind the newborn baby and their care. We often forget about the mental and physical challenges faced by mothers during the postpartum period.
In Ayurveda, both Prenatal and Postpartum care are well described and given equal importance to the mother and newborn baby. Thus, Ayurvedic Pregnancy Care Treatment is well known and well practiced in Kerala and known as Prasavaraksha ( pregnancy care), which includes both Prenatal Care and Post-natal Care/ Postpartum Care. But often, people misunderstand and are misled by pregnancy care according to Ayurveda as by just taking some sort of set of medicines, which been mostly suggested by people who are not at all aware of what the real Ayurveda concept is and how to use, on what basis a medicine and treatment should undergo, on which stage a medicine is supposed to intake, etc, thus these type of suggestive treatments and self medications often ends up with complications than giving in good results and also affect the feeding child also.
Thus, proper guidance by a certified physician is needed in Pregnancy care. Dheemahi Ayurveda, having knowledge and experience of the past five progeny with authenticity, we are providing one of the best Postpartum Care and treatment in Kumarakom. Our Ayurvedic personalized approach and our team of expert doctors and staff will always be there to contribute and ensure 100 % result-oriented treatment and care for your concerns.
For us, our first priority is patient health and wellness, so we follow up with your health concerns in whatever ways we can. Dheemahi Ayurveda Village provides a peaceful atmosphere along with authentic treatment. Hence, it contributes to your mental peace along with the treatment and is necessary during this period.
Since we have our own pharmacy for producing medicines, we can ensure the quality of medicines for you and, hence, the best results.
How Our Booking Process Works
The unique approach involves a series of discussion during your initial decision-making process to make sure that we will be able to match your expectations with our treatment.
Based on the discussions with you our team of expert doctors will design the best treatment package personalized for your needs.
Fill out our consultation form, and let us know when will you be available for our doctor to talk to you
Discussion with Doctor
Discuss your health condition and expectations with our doctor.
Confirm the booking by making a payment of 50% advance.
Submit this form to initiate a booking with us
Have any queries? We will help you. Talk to us now
Say Goodbye to Health Woes & Hello to Healthy Living
Dheemahi Ayurvedic Pvt Ltd
12/386 Varaputhara Road
Kumarakom, Kerala, India
Dheemahi Ayurvedic Centre, Near Neelimangalam Bridge, Kumaranaloor, Perumbaikad.P.O, Kottayam, Kerala, India, Pin 686016
Best Ayurvedic Detox Treatment in Kerala