Managing Rheumatoid Arthritis the Ayurvedic Way: Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment in Kerala
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is when your body’s defense system mistakenly attacks your own joints, making them swollen and painful. This can eventually make your joints look bent or twisted. RA often affects both sides of your body equally, and if one hand hurts, the other hand might hurt too. People with RA often find it hard to move their joints in the morning because they feel stiff for more than an hour.
Rheumatoid arthritis can be correlated to “amavata” in Ayurveda Amavata is a condition marked by elevated vata aggravated by metabolic toxins (ama) primarily impacting the joints. Both share similarities, with impaired digestion (agni) as a common root cause. Key symptoms include joint pain, stiffness, and inflammation,
Main causes include
Virudhahara: This term refers to the consumption of incompatible food combinations. Such combinations can disrupt the digestive process and contribute to the formation of ama (toxins).
Mandagni: Mandagni indicates weak or impaired digestion. When the digestive fire (agni) is weak, it leads to inefficient digestion and metabolism, which can result in the accumulation of ama and the manifestation of amavata symptoms.
Snigdhahara Bhojanam:. Eating excessively oily or greasy foods can overload the digestive system and contribute to the formation of ama, which can worsen amavata.
- Sandhi shoola: Joint pain is a prominent and cardinal symptom of amavata.
- Sandhi shotha: Swelling in the joints is another significant feature.
- Stabdhata: Stiffness in the affected joints.
- Sparshashatva: Tenderness in the joints, indicating pain or discomfort upon touch.
- Sashabda sandhi: Crepitation or a creaking sound in the joints, often associated with movement.
General Signs and Symptoms
- Angamarda: Widespread bodyache is a common general symptom in amavata.
- Aruchi: Anorexia, which refers to a loss of appetite.
- Trishna: Excessive thirst.
- Alasya: Laziness or a feeling of lethargy.
- Gaurava: Heaviness in the body.
- Jvara: Fever or pyrexia, which is a common feature.
- Apaka: Indigestion, indicating impaired digestion.
- Angasunyata: Swelling in various body parts.
The Ayurvedic Approach to Managing Rheumatoid Arthritis:
The treatment approach for Amavata in Ayurveda involves both Shamana (conservative) and Shodhana (biological purification) therapies. These treatment modalities are selected based on factors such as the stage of the condition (acute or chronic) and the doshas involved.
Shamana Chikitsa (Conservative Treatment):
- Langhana: This involves depletion or fasting to reduce body tissues, which can help in the elimination of accumulated ama (undigested material).
- Deepana: Measures to increase the digestive fire (agni), which is important for improving digestion and reducing the formation of ama.
- Pachana: Therapies to enhance the digestion of food, aiding in the digestion of undigested material.
Shodhana Chikitsa (Biological Purification)
- Snehapana: Oleation therapy involves the consumption of medicated oils or ghee to lubricate the body’s internal tissues and promote the elimination of doshas and ama.
- Swedana: Fomentation or sweating therapies, which may include steam treatments, are used to open the body’s channels and enhance the elimination of toxins.
- Virechana: Purgation therapy, often using natural laxatives, is employed to cleanse the digestive tract and expel doshas and ama.
- Basti: Enema therapy, a key Ayurvedic purification method, involves the introduction of medicated substances into the colon to remove accumulated doshas and toxins.
- Podikizhi: Podikizhi is a therapy in which small linen bags filled with herbal powders are heated and gently massaged over the affected joints and body parts. The heat and herbal properties help reduce pain and inflammation.
- Valuka Swedam: Valuka Swedam, also known as sand fomentation, involves heating sand and applying it in cloth bags to the affected areas. The heat helps improve blood circulation and reduce pain and swelling in the joints.
- Dhanyamla Dhara: Dhanyamla Dhara is a treatment involving the application of a warm herbal decoction or fermented liquid (usually prepared from grains) to the body. This therapy can reduce inflammation and pain in the joints
- Naranga Kizhi: Naranga Kizhi is a therapy where warm herbal poultices, often containing ingredients like lemon, are applied to the body. These poultices are heated and gently massaged over the affected joints, providing relief from pain and improving joint mobility.
- Lepanam: Lepanam involves applying medicated herbal pastes or poultices to the affected areas, such as the joints. These herbal mixtures can contain anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving ingredients and are applied to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Upnaham: Upnaham refers to the application of medicated bandages or dressings to the affected joints or body parts.
The choice of specific treatments and their duration may vary based on an individual’s constitution, the stage of Amavata, and the involvement of particular doshas.
Advantages of Seeking Treatment in Kerala:
Kerala’s reputation for traditional Ayurvedic treatments and Panchakarma therapies is well-established. The state is known for its specialized approach that embraces authentic Ayurvedic practices. Dheemahi is recognized as one of the premier Ayurvedic hospitals in Kerala, reflecting the high quality of care and treatments available in the region. Kerala’s natural surroundings, serene atmosphere, and the expertise of well-trained Ayurvedic practitioners make it a top choice for individuals seeking the best Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment in Kerala.
Dheemahi: The Top Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment Center in Kerala
Dheemahi Ayurvedic Village is dedicated to the practice of Ayurveda for holistic healing. Our approach focuses on restoring the body’s balance and vitality by eliminating accumulated impurities through Panchakarma, a comprehensive detoxification process in Ayurveda. The treatments provided at the village include curative and purification therapies that utilize both internal and external herbal medicines.
The curative therapies involve the internal use of herbal decoctions and other Ayurvedic formulations to address specific health concerns. These herbal remedies are carefully selected to promote healing and enhance overall well-being. By emphasizing the use of pure and authentic treatments, Dheemahi Ayurvedic Village aims to rejuvenate not only the body but also the spirit, providing a holistic approach to health and wellness.
Personalized Treatment Plans
Dheemahi Ayurveda is dedicated to prioritizing patient health and well-being through a rich tradition of Ayurvedic wisdom passed down through five generations. Our team comprises expert doctors who are committed to your health journey. Dheemahi Ayurveda Is an authentic and traditional Ayurveda Hospital.
With daily consultations we provide more reliability as by doing physical examinations, doctors can get more findings about the condition of the patient.
For chronic diseases – routine follow-up check-up is also an essential requirement that cannot be ignored. In the case of therapies needed for the relief of the symptoms, the supervision of a doctor is very important. Dheemahi facilitates the supervision of our doctors in every Panchakarma therapy with exact documentation of your treatment schedule
Ayurvedic treatment in Kerala is renowned for its traditional and specialized approach, emphasizing authentic Ayurvedic practices. Dheemahi stands out as one of the best Ayurvedic hospitals in the region, with a commitment to your well-being. Our holistic approach combines traditional therapies, herbal remedies, and lifestyle recommendations, providing a comprehensive solution for individuals seeking relief from conditions like rheumatoid arthritis. Opting for Dheemahi ensures that you receive expert care in a therapeutic environment, focusing on your health, healing, and overall well-being
How Our Booking Process Works
The unique approach involves a series of discussion during your initial decision-making process to make sure that we will be able to match your expectations with our treatment.
Based on the discussions with you our team of expert doctors will design the best treatment package personalized for your needs.
Fill out our consultation form, and let us know when will you be available for our doctor to talk to you
Discussion with Doctor
Discuss your health condition and expectations with our doctor.
Confirm the booking by making a payment of 50% advance.
Submit this form to initiate a booking with us
Have any queries? We will help you. Talk to us now
Say Goodbye to Health Woes & Hello to Healthy Living
Dheemahi Ayurvedic Pvt Ltd
12/386 Varaputhara Road
Kumarakom, Kerala, India
Dheemahi Ayurvedic Centre, Near Neelimangalam Bridge, Kumaranaloor, Perumbaikad.P.O, Kottayam, Kerala, India, Pin 686016
Best Ayurvedic Detox Treatment in Kerala